Renting Your Private Residence
In recent years there has been quite a demand in the Prince Edward County region for the rental of private residences on a short term basis. These short term rentals can provide the homeowner with revenue to offset the expense of maintaining the home while also allowing the owner to use the property. Rental revenue can help to pay for improvements and renovations to the property too.
In addition to vacationers who typically rent for one week at a time, there is also a need for some longer term rentals i.e. usually 1-6 months but sometimes as much as a year. Some of these are inquiries from new residents to the County who need some time to find just the right location before they buy or build a home. Whatever the needs are, County Holiday Homes will endeavour to match the homeowner with suitable tenants.
County Holiday Homes is a full service property rental service:
- Using our agency means that you don't have to deal with the hassle of being interrupted by telephone requests to provide the same information and answer the same questions over and over again. We field all the phone calls and email, and we provide the details on your behalf.
- You don't have to worry about paperwork, key transfers, or follow up. We take care of all the little details.
- If you're an 'out-of-town' property owner, we can assist you with property checks and maintenance.
Renting out your home or cottage is a big decision in itself, and you want to be sure that the people renting your holiday home will treat it with the same care and respect as you do. County Holiday Homes uses a screening process for each client to make absolutely sure that all your requirements will be met. We do the advertising, client selection, and you receive your rental income before the rental period. We require that renters provide a security deposit as a guarantee in the event that there is any damage to your holiday home.
While there are obligations involved in renting your property, you also have the opportunity to generate significant income from your investment, and we work with you to make the process simple. Renting your holiday home for even a month can help to offset some of the normal operating costs such as taxes and maintenance or to provide funds for the capital projects you want to do. We visit your property and in conjunction with you, help determine the most appropriate rental rate. We take care of marketing and 'showing' your property by use of photos and full descriptions on your website.
County Holiday Homes is committed to providing you with superior, convenient, hassle free rental service at an affordable price. Our mission is to serve our customers with the best value in holiday home rentals and associated property management services, through a dedicated team of professionals.
BENEFITS OF RENTING YOUR PROPERTY
- Your rental income can be quite significant and could be used to help offset the rising costs of owning a waterfront or recreational property (mortgage, taxes, insurance) or perhaps it could pay for upgrades, a new gazebo, or a dock.
- The income you receive from renting your holiday home can be offset by specific tax deductible expenses. The proportionate amount of your holiday home taxes, utilities, insurance, mortgage interest, and maintenance costs, as well as our fees may be deductible from the income, however you should consult your accountant to ensure that you take advantage of all allowable deductions.
- When your holiday home is occupied it is much less likely to be a target for thieves.
- All costs of marketing your holiday home, including advertising, long distance phone calls, mail and courier charges are included in our fees.
But by far, the biggest benefit to you is the peace of mind in knowing that your vacation property is being well looked after, cared for and respected. And RENTED!