How to Reserve a County Holiday Home
We're delighted that you've decided to rent a holiday home in Prince Edward County!!
To ensure prompt service, we recommend that you check the following items before contacting us:
- You're familiar with the information provided in the Holiday Rentals section of this website
- You've selected at least one holiday home that interests you and you've checked its policies to make sure that it's suitable for your group
- You've confirmed its availability using the Availability Calendar provided with each holiday home listing
When you contact us or book online, we'll need to know the following:
- Name of property that you're interested in
- Rental period
- Number of adults and children in your party
- Your name, address, phone number(s), and email address
- Do you require sheets and/or towels (for an additional fee)?
- Do you require cleaning service at check-out (for an additional fee)?
- Are you planning to bring a pet(s), assuming that it's a pet-friendly property?
TO CONTACT US:
- Call us at 1-866-576-5993 or 613-476-5993 if calling locally
To Book Online:
- Find the web page for the property that you want to rent
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of the property web page
Office Hours for May & June:
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sat & Sun: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Office will be closed for Victoria Day - Mon May 20.
All other times by chance. Voice mail and email messages are checked regularly and we do our best to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours, 7 days a week. NOTE: If you're a guest at one of our properties and you need assistance outside of office hours, an alternative number is provided on the voice mail message.
Processing time for reservations
To ensure proper service, a minimum of 48 hours is required to process a reservation from the time that a reservation is accepted until time of check-in.
COSTS & PAYMENTS
- The rental amounts vary from property to property, depending on amenities, location and size - please check the property listings for details. All rentals require a refundable security deposit of at least $150.00.
- The cost of the rental includes the rate for the holiday home accommodation for the time period being rented. All taxes, where applicable, are included in the rates quoted. Depending on the holiday home, there may be extra charges for optional services. For example, some property owners may be able to offer a full cleaning service and /or linen service.
- All holiday home rates and fees are quoted in Canadian dollars. We accept cheques, money orders, Visa, and Mastercard for payment.
To reserve a holiday home, we will require the following:
- If the reservation is made more than 6 weeks prior to check-in, a reservation deposit equal to 30% of the total invoice (i.e. Weekly rate = $1000, deposit = $300). The reservation deposit is due within 1 week of the date we put the holiday home on "hold" for you. Cheques, money orders, Visa, and Mastercard can be used for payment of the reservation deposit.
- A post-dated cheque or credit card authorization for the balance of the invoice plus the security deposit, dated 30 days prior to the start of your holiday. We accept Visa and Mastercard.
- A signed copy of the ‘Rental Agreement'.
Cheques and money orders are to be made payable to ‘County Holiday Homes'. The rental agreement, along with payment, is to be mailed to:
County Holiday Homes Ltd
11682B Loyalist Parkway
Note: If your reservation is made within 30 days of the start of your rental period, the total amount is due immediately. Payments made within 2 weeks of occupancy must be paid by credit card.
Standard policy with private holiday home rentals is for guests to leave the property as they found it including general cleanliness unless otherwise indicated on the holiday home website. Therefore cleaning service isn't usually included in the rate but you can pre-arrange for this service for an additional fee if you like; the rate ranges from $30 - $90 depending on the property. Cleaning equipment & supplies are provided at each home.
Blankets and pillows are provided at all holiday homes. You are often required to bring your own sheets/pillowcases, bath towels, and kitchen linens however we can provide a linen service as long as it is pre-arranged and pre-paid one week prior to your arrival. The standard fee ranges from $13 - $15 per set of sheets (per bed) and $6.50 - $7.50 per set of towels (bath, hand, & facecloth). Kitchen linens are complimentary when you order both sheets & towels.
Early Check-in / Late Check-out (Available in Low Season only)
For a fee ranging from $50 - $75, you can check in 4 hours early on your arrival day OR you can check out 4 hours late on your departure day. We offer a complimentary early check-in OR late check-out for reservations that take place during the months of January to April. Simply request your complimentary early check-in OR late check-out when you make your reservation. This offer is only valid if pre-arranged.
Adding or Removing Optional Services
If you need to make changes after you've returned the rental agreement, please contact our office my phone or email. Note: there will be a $10 administration fee for any changes made after the rental agreement has been signed.
CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION
A booking is considered confirmed when we have processed your reservation deposit, and received the signed rental agreement and postdated cheque/credit card authorization. Once we have received these items, we will forward a Confirmation Package that contains:
- A Reservation Confirmation showing dates.
- A Holiday Home Information Sheet. These are the property owner's policies, instructions and notes on the holiday home including bed sizes and the holiday home telephone number if there is service. Please review carefully prior to going to the holiday home and call if you have any questions. The property owner's name/telephone number and/or alternate contacts are usually noted here as well. The Information Sheet is also posted at the holiday home.
- A Map Link for Mapquest or Google Maps which provides the map location of the property and directions from your residence to the vacation property.
Confirmation packages will be sent by email unless other arrangements are made at the time of booking.
The security deposit is taken to ensure that the holiday home is left in the same condition as it was found by the renter, including cleanliness. The property owners are responsible for checking the holiday home before and after each booking but renters are expected to leave the holiday home clean and undamaged. Where telephone service is provided, renters are expected to use their own mobile phone for any long distance calls.
All rentals require a refundable security deposit of at least $150.00 unless otherwise indicated.The security deposit is included in the post-dated cheque/credit card authorization at the time of booking. For post-dated cheque payments, the full amount of the security deposit will be returned to the renter within one week from the check-out date providing the property owner does not make a claim. For credit card authorizations, fees will only be charged to your credit card if the property owner makes a claim.
GETTING THE KEYS
Most of our vacation properties are equipped with lock boxes. These lock boxes contain the keys to the holiday home and can be accessed when a security code has been entered. At the end of the rental period the keys are to be returned to the box.
You will receive the combination for the lock box, usually via email, during the week prior to the start of your booking. Where there is no lock box, other arrangements will be made.
The renter will return the keys to the holiday home lock box OR to County Holiday Homes, either in person, by mail or by courier, within six days of the termination of the rental period. The renter can be charged up to $50 for failure to return the keys within the stipulated time.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
Unless otherwise noted, check-in is either 3:00 pm or 4:00 pm on the day of arrival and check-out is 11:00 am on the day of departure. Please check your reservation confirmation.
Most "high season" (i.e. summer) bookings are weekly and start and end on either a Saturday or a Sunday.
It is extremely important that you leave by the check out time - and not arrive earlier than the check in time unless you've made special arrangements to do so. Our staff and/or the property owners need the time between bookings to inspect/clean the property, cut grass, make repairs, etc. Failure to depart on time means that staff must be paid to wait for you and this cost will be passed on to you. Then we will be rushed to complete all chores in time and the next people checking could be delayed. We thank you for your consideration.
During low season, it may be possible to arrange for an early check-in or a late check-out for an additional fee. Please inquire when you are are making your reservation.
Cancellations by the renter must be in writing. On receipt of such notice of cancellation, we shall endeavor to re-book the holiday home for the entire period of the original booking. If we're successful in re-booking the holiday home for the entire period originally booked, we shall refund to the renter all monies paid (whether by deposit or otherwise) less a cancellation fee of $50.00 per period booked (plus HST).
If we only succeed in re-booking the holiday home for a portion of the period originally booked, we will refund the monies paid relating to the period re-booked, less a cancellation fee of $50.00 per period booked.
High Season & Long Weekends: If we're unable to re-book the holiday home at all, then all monies paid by the renter (whether by deposit or otherwise) shall be forfeited to us.
Low Season (other than long weekends): If we're unable to re-book the holiday home at all, then the 30% reservation deposit shall be forfeited to us. You also have the option of applying the reservation deposit (less a $50 admin fee) to another low season rental within the next 6 months.
The full amount of the security deposit will be returned to the renter regardless of whether we re-book the holiday home or not.
We are handling private vacation properties and we need to give the property owners a sense that we are renting to responsible people who are going to treat their property with respect. Family groups, couples, and mature singles are welcome, and we do not rent to groups of singles under the age of 25.Think of it as if we are renting out YOUR private home. Any information collected is used for internal screening purposes only.
HOLIDAY HOME POLICIES
The renter shall abide by the Rental Agreement and any other instructions contained in the Holiday Home Information Sheet provided by the property owner. All such conditions also apply to guests visiting the property, whether day visitors or overnight.
The maximum occupancy is clearly noted on the Information Sheet. It is necessary to have a maximum number of people to preserve the demands on the water system, the septic system and to maintain the condition of the holiday home. Babies and children are considered people and are therefore counted.
For many families, entertaining is part of the holiday. If that's the case for you, make sure the holiday home you rent will accommodate the TOTAL group - guests, children, as well as your own family.